Pictured: dried cherry tomatoes, unseasoned.
Looking for a way to use up all those delicious tomatoes in your garden? Here it is!
- tomatoes (cherry, roma, or other non-juicy tomatoes work best)
- optional: salt, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning
- Slice tomatoes (cherry tomatoes in half or thirds).
- Oven: Preheat to 200°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on sheet. Sprinkle with optional salt and/or other spices (but know they're delicious with nothing else on them!). Bake 2-3 hours, removing when no longer moist.
- Dehydrator: set heat to fruits/leathers (135°), dehydrate overnight or until dry.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Use these tomatoes for a delicious chewy, concentrated tomato taste in salads or tomato pesto, spaghetti sauce, and on pizza, bruschetta, sandwiches. Sometimes best re-hydrated.