Original recipe from Eighty Twenty. This is cool summer supper is full of fresh garden tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 c roughly chopped tomatoes, or 1 drained can
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t bouillon
- 1 t liquid smoke
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 c dry white beans, cooked (2 cans)
- 1 c dry pinto beans, cooked (1 can)
- 1 1/2 c chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- opt: 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and buzz until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Add vinaigrette. Refrigerate before serving (3-4 hours).
- Serve with optional chips, cheese, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro.