Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pumpkin Pie

Pictured: pumpkin pie and wassail. 

Original recipe from Libby's canned pumpkin.

There is nothing special about this recipe, only that I never remember to keep the can out for directions all the way through making pumpkin pie.  For that matter, half the time I'm pureeing my own pumpkin anyway, so I needed the recipe in a dependable place.  :)

Ingredients
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425.  In a large bowl, beat eggs.  Add pumpkin, sugar, and spices.  Stir in evaporated milk.
  2. Pour into pie shell, carefully transfer to oven.
  3. Bake 15 min, reduce heat to 350 and bake 40-50 min more or until inserted knife comes out clean.  
  4. Cool and serve with whipped topping.

4 comments:

  1. Is it really worth making the puree?? Isn't the canned stuff easier and just as good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes! I have nothing against the canned stuff. It's just the high I get from doing the puree myself is worth it a *little* extra work. Not to mention....if you grow the pumpkin yourself, you're saving that many more pennies! ;)

      Delete
  2. please don't tell me you grew your pumpkin...

    ReplyDelete