Friday, February 1, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Original recipe from food.com.

Breastfeeding for the first time is a scary thing.  Everything baby-related for the first time is a scary thing.  It's probably scary for the seventh time, but at least by then you have a few things down.

One fear with breastfeeding is that you, as the mother, are eating the wrong foods and thus negatively affecting your child.  For a few weeks, I tried negating dairy and chocolate to observe their influence on my baby.  When it didn't seem to make a difference, I eventually stopped limiting my diet.  But during those anxious diary and chocolate-free weeks I invented a recipe to assuage my sweet tooth and still meet my criteria.  Meet the breastfeeding-friendly Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.

Yield: 3-4 dozen.

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Cream wet ingredients, sift dry ingredients and mix together, then mix in raisins.  
  2. Grease a cookie sheet (or use parchment paper), roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on sheet.  Bake 11 min.  They freeze well.  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment