Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Waiting on the Lord

Last week, while feeling the pressures of the day knotting up in my stomach, I looked to the sky and heard one word: wait.


Wait for the house to be tidy and clean. 

Wait for the money impending.

Wait for the child’s obedience.

Wait while we're healing and mending. 


Wait for the book to be finished.

Wait for the child to grow.

Wait for the knowledge to touch me.

Wait for the thaw of the snow.


Wait while the cookies are baking.

Wait while my mind works to learn.

Wait for the fruit from the orchard.

Wait for the candle to burn. 


Wait through each sunrise and sunset.

Wait through our time holding hands.

Wait, in each moment, and linger…

Wait. This is God: “Here I am.”


This post is shared as part of my life's endeavors I wish to document. 

No comments:

Post a Comment