Original recipe from Once Upon a Chef.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 c diced steak, cooked or raw
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 c celery, chopped (~4 ribs)
- 1 c carrots, chopped (~4 large)
- 4 c potatoes, chopped (~3 lb)
- 4-6 c broth (1-2 T beef bouillon)
- 1 t paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm oil. Saute vegetables and steak. If raw, saute until steak is browned. Mix in flour, then add 2-4 c water and mix until well combined. Simmer 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer 1 hour or until vegetables are soft. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.