Monday, July 3, 2023

Personal Planning 🙌 (Intentional Living: Part 1)


Hello! How have you been? What are your days looking like? 

Are they filled with words and actions that agree with you? 

Do your choices serve you--the deepest, noblest you?

I've found this to be a question worth asking myself regularly. Our lives are in constant fluctuation, cuing for priority tweaks and reorganized schedules. Your deepest values will manifest themselves throughout these changes. How will you more intentionally pursue those values as they unfold to you? I'd like to share with you a bit about how I answer that question, today and in future posts.

~~~

Deciding regularly what we most value means we will be able to say "yes" or "no" with confidence that we can stand by our word with enlightening results. 

If you are the producer of the love, service, and presence that you can offer to others and yourself, then your job is to care for your assets: the health and welfare of yourself (the producer) AND the skills and quality of what you offer (the produce). I found that both prioritizing and pursuing those priorities (while rejecting competing interests) is key to becoming a substantial producer of vibrant gifts.

How is this done? The first few chapters of Seven Habits of Highly Effective People give great insight into identifying and writing a personal mission statement. While I recommend reading the book for yourself, here are a few quick thoughts: begin with the end in mind. You're the programmer! Write the program; live the program.

The book Essentialism gives even simpler guidance by prompting three questions: What do I feel deeply inspired by? What are my particular talents? What can I give that meets a significant need?

The author then gives the following equation:
sustainable living = [what you like doing] + [what you're good at] - [distractions]

Think about a personal mission statement. Think about your values, ultimate goals, and the responsibilities you choose to carry. Use examples as needed to get your juices flowing, and write something down. I'll post again soon with more advice for forward steps. Get ready to program your life!

This post is shared as part of my life's endeavors I wish to document. 

No comments:

Post a Comment