Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gingersnaps

Original recipe from family.

g i n g e r s n a p s



are the absolute best cookie ever. I've known that since I was a little girl, when I made up a song about them. However, I recently discovered again their magical and overpowering goodness. I made a batch for a nice little fall party Mark and I threw last Saturday, and I decided to make some again today to give to my neighbors. But I don't think I'll give them to my neighbors...I think I'll eat them. You try making something this delicious and then just giving it away.

Ingredients: 
  • 3/4 c butter or other solid oil
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1/4 c molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 c flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp black or cayenne pepper :)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to the butter mixture and mix well.
  3. Drop dough onto cookie sheet in 1-inch balls. Bake 8 to 16 minutes, depending or desired crispiness (gingerSNAP...it's gotta be cripsy!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment